Often called the “King of Oils,” Frankincense promotes feelings of peace and overall wellness when used aromatically, while topical and internal uses provide modern health benefits. It has a warm, spicy and clean aroma.
Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary benefits. In addition to its notoriety in the Bible, the Babylonians and Assyrians would burn Frankincense in religious ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin. This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today.
Frankincense oil is derived from the Boswellia sacra tree and trees of a similar species. The Boswellia sacra is native to Ethiopia, northern Somalia, south-western Oman, and southern Yemen. doTerra sources its Frankincense Essential oil from Somalia. One Boswellia sacra tree can produce a couple of pounds of resin each year. If Boswellia sacra trees are properly cared for, the tree can produce resin for hundreds of years.
Primary Benefits of Frankincense Oil
- Ingest to support healthy cellular function
- Aroma promotes feelings of relaxation
- Helps reduce the appearance of skin imperfections when applied topically
- Supports healthy immune, nervous, and digestive function when taken internally
Uses of Frankincense Oil
- Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day for a warming and soothing effect.
- Apply topically to help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Can be applied to the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
- Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function.
Watch this video to see some of the uses and benefits of Frankincense oil.
AROMATHERAPY SUPPLIES AUSTRALIA